- How do I join the club?
- What do I need to become a member?
- What if I don't want to join the club, but I want to fly at your field?
- Do I need to already know how to fly R/C aircraft to join the club?
- When is the best time to find other flyers at the field?
- Who is the best flyer at your field?
- Come on out to the field and pick up an information packet and talk to some of the members. Anyone at the field will be more than happy to get you started. If you prefer, go to the For New Pilots button on the main menu and choose the VVRCF Application. If those choices don't meet your needs, just choose Contact from the main menu and send us an email. We'll be happy to email you the membership info.
- The most important thing you need is a desire to fly or be around R/C aircraft! Beyond that, you need to be an AMA member so that you have the required insurance to fly at our airfield, and you need to join the club by filling out the membership application and paying your dues.
- No problem! We have a guest flyer program where you can pay a small fee to fly for the day. But you must have an AMA membership so you are insured to fly.
- Absolutely not! We are happy to teach folks to fly. The only thing you really need is a desire to fly, the rest we can help with. We have club training aircraft and instructors who will teach you everything you need to know to become proficient at flying.
- On the weekends in the morning is generally when the most pilots are at the field. Typically the wind starts to pickup in the late morning, so the best flying conditions are early to mid morning.
Some say - Aaron S
Some say - Travis F
Some say - Ron S
One says - fun fly champ Bernie N
Without a doubt it is John G. He puts all the other guys to shame, but he's very humble about it. If your lucky enough to be at the field when he's there, you'll see the show of a lifetime I'm sure. In fact, his flying is so advanced, the rest of the flyers feel inadequate in their skills when he's around... which is only to be expected when you compare his flying level to others.